Wednesday, April 07, 2010

exhaustion

Tonight, I think I have a new definition of the word exhaustion. But I don't know how to describe it. I don't know when I have been this worn out. I'm not sure that I can physically do another set of stairs tonight. But I have to, to get to bed. It's only Wednseday. How do I make it through the rest of the week?

He was in a low from 2 pm - 7:30 pm again today. Nothing could get him above 52. Apple juice, smarties, bananas, peanut butter...nothing worked.

I think he took too much humulin this morning. They have been changing his dose about every 2 days. I wrote down he was supposed to take 20 - he said he took 22, he thought that's what he was supposed to take. He's on prednisone and should be going high. Instead, he's going low. A 5 1/2 hour low, testing every 15 minutes. His finger tips are so filled with holes it hurts me to look at them. He hurts all over and just feels sick.

I know why I'm worn out. Not to mention running up and down stairs, it's the stress of everything catching up with me right now. The stairs are just the physical part of it....the emotional tireness coming out in the physical activity.

My sister is here helping out. She said she just doesn't know how I do it. I spent 2 hours tonight getting caught up in the charting as we have an appt with nutrition tomorrow. And then he has a 2 hour ultrasound called NIVA. Supposed to look at the vessels taking blood to his back - related to the back pain he is having. He is completely stressed out about having to lie still for another 2 hour test as he knows the pain is going to be more than he can stand. I told him he simply has to ask them to manage his pain.

There are days like today that I think I no longer have a life of my own. I have no time to do any of the things I did pre surgery. The good thing is that I don't have much time to think about what I've given up or why, and less time to get angry about it. Way too tired with no energy left for anything.

DW

No comments: