Sunday, October 14, 2007

Intolerable pain

I've always thought hubby had a high pain threshold. Well, at least much higher than mine. But today, he wanted to ride in the back seat of the car, laying down, with his leg propped up on the window....that's how much pain he is in. He has never wanted to do that in the past.

I did some research last night on his foot surgery. Come to find out....it can be the worst type of pain...and it can last for more than 3 months. Yes, worse pain that what he was in that made him want the surgery done in the first place.

Oh sigh!

He does not want to drive anywhere, so that makes me the driver. I'm getting a bit tired of running him back and forth to the doctors. And of course, I am doing exactly what I said I would not do since he is bringing all of this on himself by being so non-compliant.

Why do we do the things we swear we won't do? I think it's because it's a comfort zone....nothing is forcing us to move on, to make a different choice, to change who we are. For as much as I love this man....he is slowly, but surely, wearing me out. Maybe I'm just tired today and need a nap! :o)

DW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go take a nap, or soak in a hot tub. Whatever YOU enjoy. Take some time for you.