Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Forgetting the little things

Sometimes I forget to blog the little things....and then they turn into big things and I don't have dates or reference points to fall back on.

A few weeks back I remember seeing hubby outside one morning with socks on and I thought - good, he's protecting his feet.

Little did I know that he had started wearing a pair of "hospital" socks at night because he was scratching his feet in his sleep.  Rubbing them together until they were raw.

Tonight I saw his feet.  Covered in band aids and the parts not covered have what looks to be a rash with intermittent cuts and gashes.  Lots of scabs from healing wounds, but b asically just raw looking skin.

I asked him what was going on.  He said he couldn't stop scratching his feet.  I suggested some lotion and he said he was using some old stuff from a previous office visit.

Once again I asked him if he didn't needto see a doctor.  He said no.  He is adamant that he is not going back to a doctor ever again.  I think I'm thinking it's just a phase and if he gets bad he will end up going to a doctor.

Looking at his feet, I have to wonder.

I've been so busy taking care of mom, helping to get her moved, worrying if she will live thru the night for the last 4 weeks that I have had no time for hubby.  I still don't.  But I did see his feet tonight and realize I need to keep a little better records of what's going on with him.

My pre op is Friday and he agreed to get fasting labs done that day.  It will be interesting to see what his a1c is.  I am expecting it to be lower.

DW



No comments: