Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jason said,

See, I agree. It IS all about discipline. When I was Dx'ed, I turned around and laughed at the nurse who told me I needed carbs to live. I did my reading/research, and took control.

I will not rely on anyone to deal with this, I have to.

I commend you for your efforts. I hope to hell your hubby has smartened up! I do caution you though: I come from a long line of diabetics, but a LONG-lived line. Dealing with it, making the change is the key. Test! Test! And Test some more.

I have got my avg from 17 mmols to 6.8 in just three weeks. I am young, and I refuse to throw away my chances of healthy living later on. I know that there might be a chance that I develop those symptoms, but I am gonna try my HARDEST to prevent that.

Hang in there. You are a warrior, and the fight will be won.




Jason, I applaud you!!! Kudos on your attitude. I know my hubby needs to test, test, test. But it's sure easier to know what he needs to do that it is to get him to do it. :o) I wish he had your attitude, that this was up to him. That he didn't rely on anyone else to help him through this. I think today, he's relying too much on me and I'm backing off. I'm giving him a time out.

Please do keep up the good work. You are so right - you have a chance to have a wonderful life. And because you are young, there is hope that medicine can grow so much in the coming years and perhaps, this disease can even be stopped.

My sincerest best wishes for your continued success!

DW

No comments: