Sunday, October 21, 2007

A visit from granddaughter can cure so much

His son called last night after he got the email from me. He brought their older daughter over today as the baby is quite sick and stayed home with his wife. But hubby was in heaven. He got up, got dressed, came downstairs early and just sat and waited. They arrived about 10 am. Such an energetic little 5 year old. His son brought video tape of both girls, so hubby and son were in the office dubbing it and I took his granddaughter down to my studio and she got tons of things to play with. We came back upstairs and sat at the kitchen table and she made 5 or 6 cards "for grandpa". About wore me out! LOLOL!

I didn't realize they were coming quite as early as they did and had just put a load in my kiln, so as soon as that was done, we went out to lunch. Hubby just sat and smiled the whole time while the granddaughter happily bounced from him to her dad to me.

We came back home and they left and hubby went upstairs to bed and he didn't surface again. I asked and he agreed that it just absolutely wore him out, but it's something he really wanted to do. So I didn't say a word. I just let him sleep the rest of the day. I let him and his son have quite a bit of time alone together and I haven't bothered to ask what they talked about. But hubby was completely pleased over the visit and his son promised to come back soon. I have plans to go on an artist retreat in about 3 weeks and suggested they come while I'm gone, so they are going to try and arrange that.

When I went to clean his wound tonight, I told him that the center of the open wound looks like orange jello. I've never seen anything like that at all. Did absolutely nothing for my queasy stomach. I'm glad he goes to the doctor in just 2 days. I have a feeling it's gout showing through the wound, but absolutely no idea if that's what it is or not.

Thanks for all your kind comments yesterday. I really do know his swelling in his face and eyes is related to kidney failure. For today, I'm deciding to take the path of trying to keep him happy and comfy. He was extremely happy today. :o)

DW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made me so happy to hear your husband could spend that time with his granddaughter and his son. You do many, many good things, but sending that email was one of the finest things ever.