Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Visit with the surgeon

Well, my first time to go with him to the doctor's office. This was the second followup to foot surgery. And it just never ceases to amaze me. They sent in a PA. She didn't even know that he is diabetic. Has never seen him before. She did say I was doing a great job keeping the wound clean. Wants to extend the antibiotics for another 10 days. Wants him to wash it out and then let it air dry for up to 2 hours, twice a day. Agreed it is a gout infection.

I so wanted to say, "You know, this looks so much worse than before you guys cut into it"....but I managed to keep my mouth shut! I also wanted to say, "Can you tell him he can run up and down the stairs now?" But once again, I kept my mouth shut! LOLOL!!!

She wanted to know who drew the ink lines on his foot and why. I explained that a FNP friend came over to look at it because it was just so bad and that's where the infection had been. She gave me a look like I was completely insane....like there is no way it could have been that infected. And I just said, "it's amazing how much it's improved since Sunday."

She found a small sore growing between his little toe and the one next to it and asked me to start cleaning that and looking after.

And she wants to see him back in a week.

No comments: