Friday, August 11, 2006

Was it lust or sorrow?

I was in the grocery store the other day, standing line, looking down....and my eyes gazed on the feet of the man in front of me. He was wearing sandals and I thought, "what sexy feet!" Which led my eyes up his body to his face. He was about my age and my eyes went immediately back down to his feet. And my next thought was, "oh shut up! You are married to a wonderful man!" And I didn't give the guy's feet a second thought until tonight.

I've been surfing the net tonight, trying to find a photo of what my husband's feet look like. I've seen some horrible photos. And my mind wandered back to the feet of the man in the grocery store. They were not "sexy". They were healthy. And in being healthy....they did appear sexy to me. They are the kind of feet I wish my husband had....but most likely will never have again. And that....is my great sorrow.

No comments: