Friday, August 11, 2006

I guess I got divorced....and didn't even know it!

You need to go back and read "part b, the aging parents" to understand a bit more about everything on my platter at the moment. I received an email from hubby's brother's wife last night that just blew me away. She thought hubby and I had been divorced since the first of the year!!!

Seems she and her hubby (my hubby's brother) went to visit the in-laws sometime in February and March. Mom-in-law said to her, "I hope our money problems don't cause you guys to get divorced like it did .......and....." and she put our names in the blanks.

So, my sister-in-law...who lives another thousand miles away....did not hear from me and assumed that I was no longer in the family. OK, partially my fault because I rarely email family members. Lesson learned. Send out monthly updates! LOL! But how horrid are my in-laws to let her think we have been divorced all this time? I promptly sent her a return email and told her that although we have our share of problems, we are not divorced. And if we did get divorced, it would have absolutely nothing to do with our mother-in-law.

What kind of evil woman tells anyone else that her son is divorced when she knows without a doubt that he is not divorced.

So I read the email to my hubby. His comment? "sis must have misunderstood mom". I re-read him the exact quote from his mom and said, "how can that be misinterpreted?" and he agreed, it probably could not be.

I'm just wondering how many other people she has told that we are divorced?

Sis has promised that if she ever hears anything like this again, she will contact me immediately. And I promised to email her more than once every 5 months!

Note to self....remember promises made to sis-in-law!!!

No comments: