Thursday, March 29, 2012

another meltdown

This is getting hard.  The day after he officially retired.  He completely lost it.  Said he was going to get in the car and go 180mph and drive into a tree.  I just started crying.  I couldn't help it.  He did leave, but he came back.  And I couldn't quit crying.

I really understand what he's going through.  He feels like he has lost everything.  He can't find a reason to live.  And I am honestly scared to death.

We sat and talked for quite some time.  Then we went to see his GP.  I thought the poor doctor was going to cry for him.  Hubby just looked so utterly sad and lost.  I think the doc understood and gave him an RX for Prozac.  I really help it gets him through this hump in life.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted.  We spent the rest of the afternoon completing his application for disability benefits.  At least that is behind us.  What a painful process.  Just trying to recall dates, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.

Then we decided to drop the price on our house.  We have someone coming to look at it in the morning.  Say a prayer that it sells quickly.  I just continue to pack and sort which is a near heartbreaking experience in itself.  Of course, I have way too many collectibles, but don't we all?  I have the guest bedroom completely packed so that's progress!!!  We continue to sell larger pieces of furniture on craigslist.

I know that we are going to make it through this.  But I need to keep track of the emotions and what we go through.  Probably really not good for a diabetic to go through so many changes so fast.

The doc also gave him a referral to gastroenterology and urology.  His incontinence is back and we want to see if there's anything they can do for the flatulance.  He also has a referral to get counseling.  All moves in the right direction.

Hope your day has been better than ours.

Wife of a (12.1 a1c) diabetic (decided it's time to change my byline.)  :o)

No comments: