Thursday, May 05, 2011

The "battle" continues.....

I am having a great time with my sister this week!

He is pouting and sulking....

She and I started Atkins and we are eating according to the plan.  We offer what we are fixing to him along with bread or something he can get carbs from.

He fixes his own meals or goes to a fast food place and brings it home.

He said, "guess I'm on my own again tonight".

I said, "if you don't want to eat what we fix, then I guess you are"

She and I are talking non-stop about everything.  Making plans to move to the same retirement community.

He is answering any question with a one syllable, one word answer

We are creating and designing

He is sulking and pouting.

This week, I happen to be able to see how hilarious this is.  He is trying to manipulate and control by using his emotions and the more we ignore him, the more he acts out his behavior.  Nothing less than a 10 year old boy!

Last night, I inquired about his glucose.  It's been running 190 - 220.  I asked if he had been reporting his numbers to endocrinology.  He said yes.

Does he not know that I can go online and check this out myself?  Last time he emailed her was 3/27/11.   I also found out that he has not emailed his personal physician like he said he would do.

So I cannot help him.  There is no help.  He is back to his old tricks and the only thing I can do is ignore him.  And I swear, when he goes into that diabetic coma....I will not be the one who calls 911.  Yes, it is beyond frustrating, but I have been living like this for 12 years and it's time it stops.  He has taken away so much of my life and it's time to get it back.

Today, we are off to have a very special lunch with an elderly couple.  He is going.  He refused to eat breakfast of any kind.  I'm sure he is planning to gorge himself at lunch.  Then we are driving another hour to drop my sister off - meeting up with her husband.  I will certainly miss her.  But the weekend is here and next week we are off to the beach for a much needed vacation.  Yep, more on my anticipatory fears of TSA pat downs coming soon!  LOL!!!

DW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it
Time with your sister
His stupid behavior
His non-compliance
Living two lives?
Life is so difficult...
Enjoy the time you have

Lilly said...

Good for you that you have had a great week with your sister. Unbelievable that hubby is sulking and pouting because he is not the center of attention!

As for him not keeping in contact with his doctors . . . he is making that choice, and then lying to you about it. You could go crazy worrying about it, but the bottom line is this: he won't change his ways, and you have no control over that. So enjoy the good things in life as much as possible when they come your way. Without those good times, we wives would all lose our minds!