Saturday, August 14, 2010

So today, he couldn't.....

plug in an extension cord on one side of the garage and run it to the other. Literally! He waited until I got home from the store, then started yellng at me because I had moved something in the garage. The GFI popped 3 times and he had to go to the basement each time to reset it. I asked him why he didn't run an extension cord from another outlet and he just started screaming at me. I said, "you don't need to get mad and yell!" to which he replied that I was yelling at him....and I hadn't even raised my voice - just asked a question.

So as he stormed into the house and slammed the door, I said, "oh, go eat some sugar!" LOL! No, I don't think he heard me. But I'm sure he's in a low. Just a quick post as I'm out the door to go run some more errands. I am NOT going to sit in this house with him in this mood. I don't need it and I don't deserve it.

Guess I should also note that the incision in his ankle where they took the vein out has now turned into a venous ulcer. I had been telling him that he needed to go to the doctor and he refused. Finally this week, when it started oozing, he made an appointment. They put an unna boot on it - for 2 weeks. If it doesn't improve, then he has to go to the wound care center. You know, he doesn't even consider stuff like what might happen if the infection goes to his bone. He just ignores it until he can't. So I'm sure he's upset about that as well. He is supposed to elevate his leg 4 times a day for 30 minutes each....and if he had been doing this since surgery....well, ok....

I'm off to run errands and simply escape from his wrath for a little bit today!

DW

1 comment:

Lynn Barry said...

You have to...it is wonderful that we love our husbands, but we also don't have to be their dog-to-kick when they are way of of sorts...sure occasionally...but when it becomes the relationship...nope...good that you get away and take yourself out of the situation...I get it.
Things are okay here, I have health issues so am focussed on mine for a change and hubby seems to be under control...doctor's appt on Monday so we shall see how in control he is.
Just wondering if your hubby is depressed and if he is getting help with that. just a thought.
HUGS