Monday, August 09, 2010

the job hunt

I think I need to go back to work. Not for the money. But to get out of the house every single day. To get away from his constant depression. To associate with something outside of the realm of diabetes.

Sad.

But I have decided this is what I need to do.

So I applied for my first job today.

My goal is to apply for one job a day, 5 days a week.

Do I care what I do?

Not really.

As long as it is "doing" something!

He is very non-communicative again today.

I want to go back to vacationland and escape this!

Maybe I will start sleeping days and be awake all night.

Just so we don't run into each other! LOL!

Broke a tooth off last week and have to go to the dentist next.

Hope all the DWs out there have a peaceful day!

3 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Good luck job hunting and getting a job that will give you the stimulation you need and co-workers to lighten the load...things are ok here...two weeks away seeing family, getting to know new daughter-in-law ( who rocks btw)...Tom is managing his eating well, pills and shots, not bad, still chewing...as for me I have thyroid issues and a hematoma from an accident months ago so I am having issues too so it occupies my mind and makes his issues less consuming for now...life is interesting, isn't it...HUGS...good luck.

adriana said...

Hi,

I wanted to let you know, that level 3 or 4 of kidney failure, will cause the insulin not to be absorbed/eliminated as before. This create pockets of insulin that stay in the body, creating the lows and almost if not the diabetic comas.

Lilly said...

Just wondering: If he has been eating whatever he wants, his blood sugar is probably way too high at times. I know that my husband (Type 1, not Type 2) can get extremely verbally abusive at both extremes: too high, or too low, and I'm not always sure which it is, until he passes out (or just keeps ranting). Sadly, when he decides to sleep all day and I am at home, I enjoy the peace and quiet. And he wonders why I don't try to wake him! I am also avoiding being in the same room with him more and more, to keep from being yelled at or criticized for senseless things. (He also tells me he's not yelling; I'm yelling at him!) Simply being on survival mode is NOT the way I want things to be all the time, but this is my reality right now. I don't want to leave a chronically ill husband, but some days . . . !