Friday, January 15, 2010

Diagnosis

His complete diagnosis as of this week:

Angina Pectoris
Intermittent Claudication
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2 w/complications
Chronic Renal Failure
Diabetes Type 2 with severe chronic kidney disease
hypertension
hyperlipidemia
gout, tophaceous

Phones been ringing off the wall. All of his care providers are calling. Apparently his A1c is over 9.

I heard him tell his diabetic nurse that he takes his insulin at 8 am, 6 pm and 10 pm. Unfortunately, the sad fact is that he takes the 6 pm at 10 pm....therefore only 2 shots a day, 8 am and 10 pm. I'm pretty sure I wrote that as a note here about a year ago.

I quietly told him that he really needs to be honest with his nurse. He cannot expect his doctor to give him a treatment plan that will work if he is going to continue to lie about what he does.

He told her that he would test numerous time a day. That was yesterday at noon. He hasn't tested once. I'm sure he will just make up a chart and give it to her. While I can't blame him (I don't think I'd want to prick myself that much either), I don't know how he thinks they can help him when he's not willing to be honest with them.

Not giving up on him yet!

DW

No comments: