Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Holidays with a diabetic

No tree
No cards
Online shopping
No gatherings
He is off work starting 12/15 - 1/2
No plans

except to let him rest. This is what he wants. A quiet end to the year. And I am doing everything I can to help him have his wish. I think it's great!

We will quietly meet with family - 1 family at a time. We'll spread it out over the last 2 weeks of the year. A dinner here or there. He can sleep in as long as he wants, take naps when he wants....very little holiday stress.

At first, I protested. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. We went ahead and gave each other our gifts this past Sunday. Pretty fun!

So all is well here for the moment. Loads of rest, little stress. We seem to be having a very good run. His back is still killing him and he refuses to go to the doctor. But the less he walks, the less it hurts. He has taken up micro electronics and is entertaining himself completely. I've been off to visit family last week and got a bit of a break so I could come back and handle life here with a renewed spirit. Always good to get away, even if it's just for a couple of days.

We'll have a very quiet holiday and I think it might just turn out to be our best yet!

DW

1 comment:

Carl said...

Hello ..It sounds like this could be a very nice holiday for you both. I am hoping for you that it will be. I have read your posts from time to time but I have not been here to visit for awhile.:) I am so busy here,as we all are..
It sounds like you are a bit renewed and that is a good thing. Also it is good that your husband has a hobby..something to keep him busy and stimulated/ He may actually feel better for it.
Please visit me as you have the time. Carlsvilleproject has a focus on health and health issues. Today with the political enviroment as it is who knows what our insurance will be over the comming year or two.
In addition if you have an issue that you feel strongly about please let me know and I will be glad to publish it on the Carlsvilleproject site as well.:)
All the best,
Carl