Thursday, April 03, 2008

Right big toe

Oh my. It looks like it could explode any second. The base of it is so narrow and the top is totally swollen up. It seriously looks like someone slipped a rubber band around the base. I don't know how he can stand the pain and there just has to be pain because it makes me wince just to look at it.

My sister commented the other day that he seemed to be "out of it".....not really aware of anything going on around him. I certainly thought that today. He seems disconnected from life. It's like I want to say to him...let's take a trip somewhere for the weekend....let's fly to LA and take a mini cruise....I want one more vacation with him before he can't do anything. And I fear we are not too far away from being where we can't get away.

Today, he slept almost the whole day. He is so blessed to have a job where he can pull that off. I wish I could get him to walk....to do any kind of exercise. I'll just continue to suggest it and try every day. Maybe tomorrow will be a little better.

DW

No comments: