Sunday, March 30, 2008

So now he's mad at me

because I asked him if he could please put the depends in the trash and not leave them laying on the floor. He said he forgot. I quietly said he did not forget because he put it on the puppy's potty pad yesterday and didn't pick that up either. He then said that I put it in the trash while he was in the shower and I didn't give him time to do it. I reminded him that no, he had already had his shower, went downstairs, had left the door wide open, the bed unmaid, and we had 12 guests here all day long.

He certainly does not do well with me reminding him of things like this. But on the other hand I am not going to let him blame it all on me. It's his problem, his trash, and I am NOT going to be his nurse maid.

I swear, if I had a job, I would leave him right now. So, next mission, get a job. And at my age, I really even hate to think about trying. But tonight...it's my survival mode talking. I just need to get out of this situation.

DW

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the short months I've lurked here the tide of complications has risen to an alarming extent. Even if you don't depart you'll need the job to supplement the disability retirement that seems inevitable for him soon.

If you haven't already, have a quiet word with the HR department at his work and get a sense of what the benefits are and exactly how much leave is left in the bank before leave without pay begins. A theoretical conversation with Social Security on early retirement requirements and benefit calculations would be a good idea too.

I can't tell you how tightly I watch the expenditures, benefits and my personal investments in anticipation of the day I walk in your shoes.

JustLittleMe said...

sending prayers and encouragement to you, DW - whatever it is you need to do - i hope that you find your peace soon

JustLittleMe

Diabeteswife said...

anonymous, I am not allowed to have any access to any information at his employment. HR will not even agree to see me. Huge corporation, tons of rules. I did suggest to him that he contact HR and let them know he needs to be protected under ADA. I'm sure he did not do that.

I do know about Social Security and ESRD and benefits through that. I have all my websites bookmarked an huge files of paperwork with sources of agencies I can contact when the time comes.

I have enough of my own retirement that I could survive on my own if I left him, but it would be much better if I can find work. I'm targeting fall as a time to return to the workforce and will spend the months between now and then actively seeking a job. It will probably take that long in this economy.

Thanks for caring!

DW