Friday, February 01, 2008

My stress on his stress!

I can't handle much more of his stress this week...my stress is getting too high! LOL! Oh dear, let me make some notes here. He has an annual unofficial team meeting for his staff at work. It's about 2000 miles from here. So this weekend, everyone is coming here for what they are calling a "pre-planning meeting". They all have to pay their own way...totally unofficial. And he has been in a complete mood all week long.

My sis is here visiting. Well, rather, she is stuck here as her car is in the shop getting repairs. The second day she was here, she said, "he looks bad. He looks really bad." He is totally swollen and all puffy again, but we did this 3 or 4 months ago when everyone who saw him thought he would be dead the next day, but he wasn't. He does look like he's gained another 20 pounds at least. And I'm sure he is just miserable and has the stress of his staff being here.

Last night, he came home after a dinner with them. He just snipped at both of us. He barely looks at me...absolutely no communication with anyone, just goes to bed and turns the TV on. Sigh.

This morning, again, nothing. I asked quietly if he was ok and he just snapped at me. So yeah, just leave him alone and let him get through this on his own. They have an event tonight, an all day long event tomorrow, then here all day Sunday to watch the super bowl. So I'm busy cleaning the house, getting ready to have them all over here on Sunday. Do you hear my huge sighs? I'll just go get lost in my studio for the day...it will be fine.

But this stress that he is going through....it's just not worth the stress it's causing me. And I'm sure he just wants to make sure his staff has a great time while they are all here. Maybe it's really time for him to retire...or at least consider disability.

He is not eating properly at all. I think he has had every meal out this week with the team. And no sight in end for that until Monday. He has not been using the cpap at night, so I'm sure his lack of solid rest is not helping him at all.

I am giving up for the moment. Will just try to get through the rest of the weekend and see where we are on Monday. Hope your spouses are doing better than mine this week.

DW

No comments: