Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's 1:30 am...

and another sleepless night for me. I think we are headed for separate bedrooms...but at the moment, I'm in the midst of painting the guest bedroom, so I'm on the sofa again tonight.

He does have a humidifier on his cpap machine. He just takes it off every night somewhere between midnight and 2 am. I did ask him again today if he needed to go have it checked or calibrated and he said he would make an appointment. It continues to amaze me that when he uses it, he does not snore, but more important, he does not bounce on the bed flopping his legs. The moment it comes off...the constant flopping on the bed starts in which wakes me up. I can handle the snoring because I can stick in ear plugs. But I can't handle the constant bouncing on the bed. Seriously, he flops so hard my whole body is bounced off the mattress!

Sort of funny....would make a great "I Love Lucy" comedy routine! But after 6 nights of waking up and not being able to get back to sleep....I'm pretty close to a meltdown. Hopefully I can get back to sleep in a few more minutes. Or at least within the next hour.

Here's hoping that we can find some resolution to this in the near future. Tomorrow..the eye exam he lied about last week. I have to wonder...is this really an "eye exam"? :o)

DW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband has been a type 2 for 16years, also with sleep apnea for at
least 40 years. He recently started on an insulin program. He has acid reflux and has to sleep in an adjustable bed.
We bought 2 extra long twins as I didn't want to sleep elevated.
When pushed together they look like
a king size, and I'm not aware of
him moving around during the night.
I know what you mean about the flopping. Before we got the twin
beds he would move his left leg every 40 seconds like clock work if
he didn't wear his cpap! He hasn't been wearing it lately as he says it bothers his throat. I do think the adjustable bed has helped the
sleep apnea though as I haven't heard him snoring as before. Thank you for all your posts. I felt so
isolated for so many years and didn't know where to find help for
all I was going through. I can identify with so many of your trials and tribulations. Thank you
again.