Wednesday, May 22, 2019

How time flies!

Has it really been 3 1/2 months since I last posted?  Amazing!  I am meeting goals and doing well!  Here are my updates:

Down 30 pounds,  10 more to go!

Have been taking private dance lessons as well as group lessons.  Learned enough line dances that I am now teaching them 4 hours a week.  Dancing 6-7 hours a week.  It feels great to move!

Moved into a studio apartment in a 12 story senior complex and absolutely love it!  My sister is moving in 2 doors down from me in a week.  We are on vacation in San Diego this week.  2 other close pals have moved into this complex as well.

Am learning how to run a professional karaoke system and have started singing again!

Sold my house.  36 hours on the market and had a full price offer.

Gave my car to my son and traded the truck in on a 2019 Subaru Forester.  Love it!

One step at a time.  Things are getting done.  As I said, it’s good to have goals!

I have fallen in love with life...which has opened my heart to all kinds of emotions and feelings.

Including love.  I never thought I would love again.  I didn’t think it was possible.  I wasn’t looking for it.  But I am learning that life is full of surprises.  And while I know that I am fighting it, I wonder if I just let go and let my emotions run with it....what might happen?

At the same time, I realize that I still have a hundred million issues to work through, so I am taking this one step at a time.

But it sure feels good!

Just an update to say that life is good.  Perhaps I’ll post again once this amazing vacations n with my sister is over!


2 comments:

Managing said...

Yay DW!!
Yes DO tell us about the happy stuff as you go.
Its so good to hear that your life has not been dragged down so far by the illness that you are no longer able to to live it in a vibrant way. . . . you know "Use it or lose it."
It seemed never-ending - those years of illness.
Now - well all I can say is You GO girl!!
It makes me so happy and hopeful.
Go get it!
The very best to you,
Managing

Diabeteswife said...

Dear Managing. Thanks! We're back from San Diego, my sis is all moved in. It's like living in a dorm.....she's been down 5 times this afternoon.....she's just 2 doors down on the same floor. We are teaching line dance lessons tonight at the senior center. Tomorrow I'm hosting an all day craft payday and then we've hired a shuttle van to take us 8 miles up on top of the Royal Gorge to dinner. It will be a wonderful day and evening!

Newest saying. If it feels fabulous do it! If you look fabulous in it, buy it! My sis has been a widow for 15 years and she is leading me through the steps as I adjust to this side of diabetes.....and my intent is to create a fabulous life!

Wishing you nothing but the best as I know what you and everyone else is going through. It's our individual choice as to what we do after diabetes. My choice......make it fabulous!!! :)