Monday, December 12, 2011

Tis the season

for diabetic insanity!!  I mean seriously.....get a grip on the sugar eating!  If you're going to carb-out....test!  I think a diabetic coma is just around the corner most moments!  This guy of mine is eating like he will die in the morning....and he just may well do that!

We stopped at our fav Japanese place today for a little dim sum.  Ok.....he gives new meaning to the word "little"  3 huge stemmed pork buns, 12 small (variety) fish dumplings, 2 egg rolls....and 5 hours later, he is eating again??? No, I'm not cooking for him - he's doing his own!   He is truly carb loading which would be appropriate if he were running a 10K tomorrow.  But he's not!

So here's the problem. He has severe diarrhea.  Liquid blowouts.  I know - it is gross.  But I'm trying to be honest about his symptoms and problems.  He used to wear pajama bottoms to bed and recently started wearing briefs at night. I thought it curious.  Then discovered he has been having accidents nightly.  So more for me to clean up in the laundry. I know he does not want to go back to depends.....but he may have to.

And why won't he go to the doctor and at least see if there's anything that can be done?  The smells are worse and worse. Glade works much better than Febreeze.  In case you need to know.

So with all the extra sugar and carbs....I think we're in for a true roller coaster ride this season.  I wish there was a button I could push to make it go away, but I sort of think it's just going to get worse.

I have declined every holiday invitation in an attempt to limit sugar.  We have nothing in this house.  And my next step is to be too tired to go out to eat.  Trust me, he will go without me!

Hope we all survive the next 2 weeks!

DW

1 comment:

Lynn Barry said...

I hope you survive too. You have been through so much and yet you keep a'goin'...I pray you can catch a break...HUGS