Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It was a great trip

Yes, I'm back. Was gone 3 weeks. And I have decided that I can't be gone for more than 2 at a time - just too much left unattended here at home while I'm gone.

But I did come back refreshed and renewed. I had a wonderful time - 1/3 at an art conference, 1/3 with family and reunions, 1/3 at a girlfriend's house for a true get-away. I crammed way too much into a short timeframe, but it sure was fun!

The infection in his knee seems to be improving. He had a horrible day yesterday, but today was much better. You can actually literally see the pain in his face these days.

So, my next "problem". I know that we need to downsize and move into a 1 level place before he gets to the point where he can't make the move. But how do I convince him that we need to make the move now? I can totally see a time in our not too distant future where he is going to be unable to do stairs and we are going to have a dialysis machine in our home. He does not see that and doesn't think it's going to happen for years.

We have over 2/3 acre here and I have huge flower beds that I can't really keep up with any more. He can't help at all. I'm managing to get in an hour or 2 every morning....but I see no end in sight and keep thinking that I can't keep up this pace but a couple more years, if that! And no, I can't plow them under or plant grass.....just wouldn't work for the terrain tha we have.

And for the record, he still has not been to see a doctor about the angina attack he had back in May. I'm sure he's not going to go.

DW

No comments: