Sunday, July 12, 2009

Type 2 Diabetes IS A DISEASE!!!

Anonymous made a comment to my blog "My inacurate picture"

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder

Type 2 diabetes is not

Just to clarify


I think there is something major wrong with "anonymous" who obviously did not read all of the previous post. The discussion was an argument from a diabetic that diabetes is not a disease. It does not matter whether you have type 1 or type 2.....any type of diabetes is a DISEASE.

Disease:

1. a pathological condition of a part, organ or system of an organism resulting from various causes such as infection, genetic defect or environmental stress and characterized by an identifiable gorup of signs or smptoms.

Tell me what part of Type 2 Diabetes does not meet that description?

2. an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning.

Hmmm.....I think it meets that definition as well.

Now, I realize anyone can find a thousand websites that will say that diabetes is not a disease....but each one of those sites fail to give you a dictionary definition of what a disease is. Go figure!!!

Wikipedia calls both types a disease

Answers.com calls type 2 a disease

I could go on forever. Whoever it is that doesn't want you to understand that you have a DISEASE needs help. The first part of any process to get past grief is to acknowledge that you have a disease. As long as you are in denial...how do you expect to recover. And anyone assisting you - keeping you in that state of denial is not helping you one bit at all.

Perhaps if ALL diabetics realized that they are dealing with a DISEASE.....they might start to understand the serious complications it can cause.

And perhaps the anonymous writer would like to explain to me how type 2 cannot be considered a disease when the CDC - a national agency - says that it is!

If you have this DISEASE....I suggest that rather than try to prove me right or wrong on a topic....you READ, READ, READ.

And quit trying to argue your way out of this disease. You have it. Admit it. Deal with it. Get on with life!!!

oh, if you were just trying to make sure I understood type 2 is not an autoimmune disorder....oh duh! You really really really think I don't know that? I think you just made yourself look completely illiterate. :o

No comments: