Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Doing well

Just keeping my blog up to date here. We just got home from a 10 day vacation and it was nearly perfect. About 3 days ago, his back started hurting him extremely bad and he has a call in to the doctor today. And on the first day of our trip, I messed up. I totally missed a sugar low. He was trying to put a luggage strap on his suitcase and could not get it to fasten. I was so upset with him and couldn't understand why on earth he couldn't do such a simple task. And then it hit me he was having a low. Got him breakfast and he was fine.

Amazing to me when things are going smooth and I don't think about diabetes every second of my life, then when he does have a low, I don't recognize it. And I know he didn't even know it was happening.

He has agreed to diet. Starts tomorrow. I just pray he can stick to it. He's gained 30 pounds this past year. He can't really walk, but he can do the stationary bike and that's a place to start.

DW

No comments: