Thursday, May 08, 2008

How can he not know?

It truly does amaze me at times. Ok, all of the time. I joined his staff for a "happy hour" last night and one of his employees was telling me how my hubby was slurring all of his words in a staff meeting 2 weeks ago. I explained that was the meds he wason for his cracked ribs.

My hubby is sitting right there and he says, "I did not slur my words!"

So not only have I told him that he did, but a co-worker also told him. And he still doesn't remember, or worse yet, believe, that he slurred them so bad no one could understand a thing he was saying.

I'm starting to think that the nerve endings in his brain cells are dead! LOL!

And ok, I have to LOL or I'd be sitting here crying.

Current status:

Sleeps in til about 8 am, gets on morning business calls. Takes a long nap from about 10 am - 1 pm, eats a bite, gets on afternoon calls. Day ends about 4 pm and he takes a nap til 6 pm. Dinner. Upstairs in bed to watch more TV about 7:30 pm.

His eyes are looking quite pink around the eyelid this week. But the rest of him is a grey/white. Still in depends 24/7. The tale-tell signs of the toilet bowls are an indication that bowel incontinence is still here. I don't think the meds are helping a bit. He's been on them at least 6 weeks now. No idea how he thinks he going to take 2 trips in the next 2-3 weeks. We will see how he manages.

I plan to bury myself in my art and with my friends while he is away. :o)

No comments: