Friday, August 31, 2007

and now....no more movies?

We ALWAYS go out on Friday nite. We call it "Friday nite, date nite". We almost always go to dinner and a movie.

So, this afternoon, I showered and got dressed to go out, brought the laptop downstairs and started asking him what movie he wanted to go see. I could instantly tell from his tone that something was wrong, so I just asked him. Come to find out that he doesn't want to go to movies anymore. He said it's too much trouble to change clothes, go stand in line to get tickets, and too much hassle dealing with people in the movie.

Personally, I think it's because he hurts and just doesn't feel like moving any more than he absolutely has to. He quit work about noon today and has been sleeping on the sofa ever since.

So date nite will now be to order pizza and wings in and watch another movie on TV.

I realize that pain makes a person miserable. But I'm the spouse. And I just don't want to live this miserable lifestyle. Not tonight. I'm not a recluse, I don't want to spend the rest of my days in this house. Don't tell me diabetes doesn't have an impact on the spouse. It sure as heck does! And yes, of course, I can go to dinner and the movies alone....but then what is the point of being married?

I am so pissed off at this %&*(@#$^$*(!#$&(* disease right now I could just scream.

We have a 3 day weekend and I'm going to predict that we sit here and watch TV the entire time. Well...he will. NOT ME!

2 comments:

Chrissie in Belgium said...

I amm SO sorry! I have been reading your blog for a long time but I haven't been able to comment..... Well now I AM commenting and I want to tell you I am so sorry for all the troubles you have. I have had T1 for 45 years! T1 is terribly hard, but what you go through as the spouse makes me very angry at your husband! Love can really cause pain!

Anonymous said...

Wonder if you ever did get out of the house???

Life around here should be interesting in a few months. Hubby signed up to start school in January. His company has a tuition reimbursement program, so he'll be working full time plus carrying a full courseload.

I'm glad to see him interested in something other than the remote control, but I can't imagine where the energy will come from.

I'm going to hope that perhaps he'll get so sick of feeling tired that he'll decide to return to the doctor and his meds. Hope is a wonderful thing :)