Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The power of prayer.....

There is a verse in the Bible that says if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain. I have never doubted that, but I have always realized how tiny and insignificant my faith is as I can't begin to move a mountain.

But I do have faith in the power of prayer. And sometimes it just shocks me. And I don't know why because I continue to keep that verse in the foremost part of my thoughts.

Last night, my cousin and my sister spent the night in the guest bedroom. That meant I slept with my hubby. I think he was quite happy, but I was dreading it because of the flopping, tossing, turning and snoring. I finally went up to bed about midnight and put in my earplugs and just started praying. I prayed for Jehovah to heal this man that I love. I prayed for open passages so he could breathe without snoring. I prayed for calmed nerves so his legs wouldn't jump on the bed. I fell asleep praying....

and I woke up at 5:30 am. Refreshed, rested, ready to go!

I want to work on increasing my faith....I want it to grow from the size of an microscopic amoeba to something greater than that. I don't need to move a mountain, but I do need to have the faith that this will all work out.

Somewhere I have a mustard seed necklace that was my Grandmother's. I need to go find that.

1 comment:

Lori Rode said...

Prayer + earplugs. That's a combo I like!! I know earplugs are not the total solution, but for me, they do help a lot. Glad I gave you a laugh at least. Hugs to you, dear wife. I'll keep praying, too!