Sunday, March 26, 2006

READ THE LABEL!!!!

Well, that's what I'm screaming in my head! I took a class yesterday and when I got home, there were "low sugar" brownies and chocolate angel food cake on the counter. I could see the brownies were sugar coated so I picked up the box and started to read the nutrition label. 28 grams of carbohydrates and 21 grams of sugar. When I quietly asked him if he was supposed to have that much carbs/sugars, he said it was for the entire container. I did a double-take and the label says it's for 4 pieces! There must be 100 pieces in the box!

The nutrition content for the chocolate angel food cake is the same. So, I asked him about that and once again, he said it was for the entire cake. I re-read the label...it is for 1/8 of the cake.

When I explained that to him, all he said was "oh!"

I know! I know! This IS HIS DISEASE! I guess I need to find the label on him and read it!

No comments: