Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy 2018!!!

We survived 2017.  Amazing!  If I had the energy I'd jump on the bed like the gal did in "The Holiday"  Speaking of which, we've had a very nice, quiet holiday.  I can't believe how fast 2017 flew by!  I can't believe that I've been keeping this blog since 2006.....12 years!

We've had a few issues the past month.  Something happened to the hardware in his back from the spinal fusion surgery and he had about 3 days of not moving at all.  It resolved itself - thank goodness!

He is still vomiting about every other night.  So he gets a good night's sleep and then is awake the next night.  Is it gastroparesis?  He seems to have all of the symptoms, but he's still refusing to go back to the doctor.  Says he's only going when they make him go to get his Rx refilled.

His daily glucose monitoring remains way too high.  He goes low in the mornings and does not take his full dose of insulin, then goes high in the afternoons so he delays dinner until bedtime.  He's in such a mixed up cycle, but there's not much I can say or do.  I've learned that much!  LOL!

Overall, it's been quiet and calm and I am ever so grateful for that.  I couldn't wish you anything better than a calm and quiet 2018!

DW

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just came across your blog looking for someone in the same shoes as me, totally random! I only read one of your posts and a tad from a reply right below it. You mentioned gastroparesis and you also mentioned a few other things that are exactly the symptoms of my type one husband. I’d love to talk to you but not necessarily through comments...? If that’s possible. I don’t know how to DM you on here though. I have some tips and advice and even questions for you. I’ve been and still am where you are and would love to talk by email if you’re interested. -Mandee

Managing said...

Back atcha DW!
I see there's alot of us who follow your blog and I'm sure we all wish you peace and relief from your long, long, super long - what do I call it - trial? Challenge?
It's horrific at times.
I know a person who has a spouse with Fibromyalgia.
They could live up to 90 years old and be in pain so much that they can't be touched (so no sex), sleep is rare and so when they do finally get to sleep they sleep all day while the caregiver has to live basically a single life but not divulging their spouse's problems because he doesn't want anybody to know or feel sorry for him or whatever. He is just miserable and angry and abusive sometimes, on pain killers sometimes, and this could be the rest of their lives. 30 years or so!
Dang!
That person's situation makes me feel like mine is way more do-able.
Oh well.
In this life I suppose you gotta serve somebody.
And I feel like God's got an ironic sense of justice, where if chose not to hang in there with this trial I could very well get a worse one in trade.
I know that probably sounds superstitious but it does bouy me.
Sending prayers up for you and thankful for you too!
Managing

Diabeteswife said...

Dear Managing....I couldn't agree more. There is always, always, always someone out there who has it worse that we do. Some days it's hard to remember that, but when I do, it's helpful. But I will say that I can't fathom living to be 90....can't even give that one an ounce of thought! LOL!!!

Diabeteswife said...

Mandee - you can always send me a note at diabeteswife@yahoo.com. Just know that I only check that email about once a month. I just posted a new post and hope it will explain my need to keep my identity confidential....it's the only way I can be has honest and open as I am. Thanks for posting!